This wooded 22-acre park preserves and interprets two of the 14 Civil War earthwork forts (redoubts) which made up the Confederate’s Williamsburg Line in the Battle of Williamsburg on May 5, 1862, which resulted in more than 3800 Union and Confederate casualties and left the Union in control of the Virginia Peninsula.
Redoubt Park, located on Quarterpath Road, was dedicated on May 5, 2007 to celebrate the 145th Anniversary of the Battle of Williamsburg. The two redoubts, #1 and #2, preserved in Redoubt Park, were built by soldiers and slaves to guard Quarterpath Road and the right flank of the Williamsburg Line overlooking Tutters’ Mill Pond.
1051 Quarterpath Road
Williamsburg, VA 23185